Top Tips For Concealing Tattoos With Veil Cover Cream
When it comes to tattoos we understand that sometimes people want to cover up and conceal their ink. Whether it be for a wedding or special occasion, a job interview or even to hide an unwanted tattoo, Veil is here to help. Our Tattoo Camouflage Kit is ideal if you are after an all in one product to help you achieve tattoo camouflage. The kit contains five shades of our Cover Cream.
The Light to Medium Kit contains the shades Oyster, Honey, Suede, White and Green. The Medium to Dark shade contains the colours Tan, No 3, Brown, White and Green. Both kits also include a 10g finishing powder. This ensures that the area you’re covering is not only set effectively, but also ensures that it stays in place all day long. Application of this product also makes the area waterproof.
Also in the kit you’ll find a empty jar and 2 spatulas. This is to help you mix together your perfect shade. You’ll also receive a 30g jar of Cleansing Cream, a 30ml bottle of Toning Lotion and 4 cotton pads to help your remove your tattoo camouflage at the end of the day. Everything comes nicely packed in a reusable zip bag with a free powder brush.
When it comes to concealing tattoos, we have compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you with the process:
- Firstly ensure that the area you want to cover is dry, clean and free from oil. Any residue will prevent the camouflage from lasting. If the area you are covering is hairy, we recommend shaving to create the best base.
- Make sure that the colour cream you apply to the area matches your skin tone. This will help when it comes to blending the product into your skin. It will also make the camouflage look as natural as possible. Don’t be afraid to mix shades together and be sure to apply the cream in natural light.
- Make use of the Green colour corrector shade when concealing tattoos. This will counteract any red tones that the tattoo may contain.
- Apply the Cover Cream to the skin with a patting motion rather than rubbing the product into the skin.
- Apply the Cover Cream in thin layers and gradually build the coverage up rather than applying one thick layer.
- Blend the Cover Cream around the edges of your tattoo so that the camouflage looks as natural as possible.
- Once you have your desired coverage set everything in place with the Veil Finishing Powder. This not only increases the wear time of the tattoo camouflage, it prevents smudging and also makes the camouflage waterproof.
- Practice makes perfect, if you have an event coming up, be sure to practice as much as possible so that you can achieve the best camouflage possible on the day.
- Whether concealing tattoos or any other skin condition it is important to remember that Veil products should never be applied to broken skin.