How To Cover Tattoos For Work
Why Should You Cover Your Ink and How Can You Cover Your Tattoos For Work?
When it comes to work or job interviews, you might find yourself needing to cover up your tattoos. This of course depends on the industry in which you work in as well as your employer’s policies on body ink. Sometimes you can get away with using clothing such as long sleeve tops, high neck jumpers and trousers to cover up your tattoo/s however, sometimes it isn’t possible and your visible ink requires cosmetic camouflage.
What is Cosmetic Camouflage?
Cosmetic Camouflage is the term that is given to the application of high coverage makeup creams and powders to cover and conceal things such as skin conditions as well as tattoos. One of the products you can use for Cosmetic Camouflage is of course Veil Cover Cream. In comparison to high street cosmetics and makeup, Veil Cover Cream has a higher percentage of pigment. This not only means that Veil Cover Cream provides excellent skin coverage, but it also means that you need a lot less product to get the results you want so the cream will last you a long time due to the fact that you aren’t using much product at all.
How Can I Use Veil Cover Cream to Cover Tattoos For Work?
To cover and conceal you tattoos for work, you are going to need a handful of products to both prep the skin and carry out the camouflage. Rather than you purchasing lots of different products, we have put together the Veil Tattoo Camouflage Kit which contains Finishing Powder, Veil Cover Cream, Cleansing Cream, Toning Lotion, an empty jar for mixing, spatulas, cotton pads and a powder brush which all come housed in a zip up bag.
- The first thing you want to do is to ensure that your skin is clean and dry. To do this, simply cleanse the skin using Veil Cleansing Cream to ensure that the skin is nice and clean. Next you want to apply your Veil Toning Lotion. Veil Toning Lotion is a combination of Witch Hazel and Rose Water. The product is very cooling and soothing on the skin but it is also know for its astringent properties. This means that it effectively removes excess oil and shine from the skin and also temporarily shrinks the pores. To apply simply pop a few drops onto a cotton pad and apply gently to the tattoo area.
- Now that your skin is prepped, you can begin your tattoo camouflage. The first thing you need is your perfect match of Veil Cover Cream. To find this, opt for the shade that matches your natural skin tone. When choosing your shade be sure to do so in natural light to ensure that the shade really is the best colour for your skin. If you find a shade that isn’t quite the same as your skin tone, don’t forget that you can mix creams together using the empty jar and spatulas that are provided in the Tattoo Camouflage Kit.
- Once you’ve got your desired shade you can now begin applying to your skin. To apply simply scoop out a small amount and apply using a dabbing motion. When applying you can use sponges and stippling brushes however, we find most people get a successful application just by using their warm and clean finger tips. This process can take a little practice and depending on the colour and size of your tattoo you could require a few layers to fully conceal your ink but once complete your tattoo should be undetectable. One thing we strongly advise against is rubbing the cream into the area as this can affect the overall coverage.
- The final step you should carry out in your Tattoo Camouflage journey is to set your Veil Cover Cream. To do this you simply apply Veil Finishing Powder with the help of the Veil Powder Brush on top of your covered tattoo. This step not only eliminates shine from the area making the skin matte and natural looking, it also increases the wear time of your cover up as well as making the area virtually smudge proof and waterproof.
How Do I Remove Tattoo Camouflage?
Once you’ve worn your tattoo camouflage, at the end of the day understandably you’ll want to remove it. Because of the long lasting high coverage, understandably the cream doesn’t just wipe off with a cloth. To remove we recommend using Veil Cleansing Cream and applying using circular motions, ensuring that you really get into all those small areas. Once you’ve really worked in your cleanser, you can now remove the cream with some warm water. For this step you can use you hands, sponges, flannels or muslin cloths, whatever method works best for you. Once all the product is removed and your skin is clean, you can now apply some Veil Toning Lotion to the skin by applying with the help of cotton pads, just like you did when you were prepping your skin for application. This step just helps to get rid of any excess Cleansing Cream which may still be on the skin. For a more in depth guide on how to remove Veil Cover Cream, do be sure to check out our blog post: How Do I Remove Veil Cover Cream?
Our Top Tips:
- Do not skip prepping your skin. This can affect the longevity of Veil Cover Cream and the overall application.
- Be sure to always use the perfect shade to match your skin tone as this can severely affect the look of the end result.
- Always apply Veil Cover Cream in light layers instead of one thick layer. This ensures that the camouflage looks as natural as possible and prevents a cakey finish.
- Practice makes perfect so don’t leave trying your skin camouflage until the day you require it as ideally you need to familiarize yourself with the products and get used to how to apply the products as best as possible.
- Don’t forget to set your cover up as this ensures that your camouflaged area stays in place throughout the day, prevents smudging and gives it that waterproof natural looking finish.