Inkings you’d rather not have on show? Veil Cover Cream provides effective, natural-looking tattoo cover – here’s how to apply.
There are many reasons for wanting to cover up a tattoo. Maybe you have a special occasion you want to look your best for. Perhaps you have a job interview coming up. Or maybe you just regret ever getting inked. Whatever the reason, our Tattoo Camouflage Kit is the perfect solution for effective tattoo cover.
Wondering how to apply? Read on for our comprehensive guide.
First things first – find your shade & prepare the area you wish to cover.
1. Mix shades to find your perfect colour match
If you are finding the shades provided in the Tattoo Camouflage Kit aren’t quite right for your skin tone, fear not, all shades can be mixed to make interim colours. For example, if the colour of concealer is too dark for your skin, simply mix in some White to tint the shade to your desired colour.
2. Choose your shade in natural light, not artificial light
When selecting the shade to hide your tattoo with, and also when applying your Cover Cream, always do so in natural light. Artificial light can alter the appearance of the shade – it might look like you’re using the correct colour and have blended the Cover Cream well, but once in natural light, there might be a noticeable difference.
3. Shave the area before applying your Cover Cream
If you are covering up a tattoo on a very hairy area, the area should ideally be shaved first to give a smooth surface. This makes application easier and prevents the area from looking cakey and heavy.
STEP 1 – PREPARATION
- Make sure that the skin is clean and dry by applying the Cleansing Cream, wiping off with a tissue, then applying the Toning Lotion which removes any remaining oiliness.
- Choose the shade of Veil Cover Cream that matches the natural skin surrounding the tattoo. Shades can easily be mixed together in the Mixing Jar to make interim colours.
STEP 2 – STARTING THE APPLICATION
- Remove a small amount of the Veil Cover Cream from the jar using the spatula.
- Dab on the Veil Cover Cream with a finger using a patting motion – do not rub.
STEP 3 – FINISHING THE APPLICATION
- Continue to dab on the Veil Cover Cream over the whole tattoo area.
- If any part of the tattoo shadows through, apply another thin layer dabbed gently on top. Thin layers are more effective than one thick layer.
- Coverage is now complete so gently blend the edges into the natural skin surrounding the tattoo.
STEP 4 – THE FINAL STEP
- The final step is to set the Veil Cover Cream with Finishing Powder by buffing on plenty of Finishing Powder using the cotton pad or a dry cotton wool ball using a rocking and pressing motion. Do not rub.
- Gently brush off excess Powder and remove any floury look by dabbing the camouflaged area with a damp cotton wool pad.
- The Cover Cream is now set and waterproof so will not come off in the rain or when swimming but pat yourself dry rather than rubbing.
And that’s it! We’d love to see your before and after pics – tag us on social media!